RE: Catalog Scanning Proposal

Hi all,  At the Nov 2010 meeting, we as a board did have to approve the
request, for the proposal to be sent to the AIS Foundation for the scanning of
the older AIS bulletins.  So, I therefore Second Gary White's motion.Susan
Boyce.. > Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 15:13:20 +0000> To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Catalog Scanning Proposal> From:
322857b11@rewrite.aisboard.org> > This is a very worthwhile project and I
thinkB these scanned catalogs will be> a tremendous resource for AIS and its
members.B  Many of the sections> willB benefit as well.B  The pages of these
catalogsB document the first> introductions of many of our registered irises.B
Anyone interested inB iris> history, AIS history, and historic irises, in
particular, will find them> invaluable.B > B I move that thisB catalog
scanning project, asB described in John's> proposal, is approved for
forwardingB to Hioject is completed, that the> products of theseB scans be
made available to both the AIS and to the Iris> Encyclopedia, and that the
paper catalogs will then go to the AIS Library.> Gary WhiteB > B       From:
Jim Morris <1005@rewrite.aisboard.org>>  To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org> Cc:
cyberiris@att.net>  Sent: Friday, October 3, 2014 11:14 AM>  Subject:
[AISdiscuss] Catalog Scanning Proposal> > John Jones has prepared a Catalog
Scanning Proposal to the AIS FoundationB > to scan the collection of iris
catalogs owned by Mike and Anne Lowe toB > create an online accessible library
in memory of Mike Lowe.B  The quantityB > of> pages to be OCR scanned is
unknown at this time but the estimated cost toB > scan and convert to Adobe
PDF is $0.56 per page for approximately 10,000B > pages.> > Many of you may
know that a similar long range plan for the AIS IrisB > Encyclopedia exists to
post iris catalogs so this would help in that effortB > as> well as long as a
disk is provided to/for that effort.B  The two shouldB  be> compatible.B  Gary
White, as AIS 1st vice president, is also on the AISB > Foundation and in
discussion with me felt that this should be brought to theB > attention of the
AIS board.> > Jim Morris> President> American Iris Society> >
sign-off this list, send email to the AIS Secretary>
<aissecretary@irises.org>> The archives for AISDiscuss are at:>
http://www.aisboard.org/lists/aisdiscuss/> >