Re: Youth Protection Policy and E Memberships

Some initial thoughts on the Facebook issue:

If the purpose of the Club Facebook page is to communicate with club members (only) then having a youth club member listed as a "Friend" would be restricted to club members who already know that they are youth. The youth are of course responsible for their own profiles.

If the purpose of the Club Facebook account is also to communicate with, or be accessible by, non-club members (e.g., the general public) then I would say it would be inappropriate to list youth as "Friends"

Be that as it may, there is always a risk associated with identifying youth, and the most conservative position would be to not list any youth as friends.

I am sure that Bob Plank will be able to tell us what we need to do to adequately protect ourselves.

John