Re: 2006 Spring Insurance Report

In a message dated 5/8/2006 8:45:31 A.M. Central Standard Time,
pwgossett@juno.com writes:

I agree  with Clarence.  AIS needs to get the acceptance and cooperation
from  the Sections, Regions, and Affiliates before we consider asking them
for a  yearly donation to support and help pay the cost of the insurance.
I also  agree, that it be a voluntary system as a donation and that it not
look  like AIS is charging a Section, Region, and Affiliate to be a part
of  AIS.

While I certainly agree we should seek out the cooperation of all,   there
are probably many Affiliates and some Regions who don't understand that
anything they do (meetings, shows, sales, etc.) are covered by our general  liability
policy whether they want it or not.  As long as it is identified  in any way
with AIS, expressly or implied, AIS will have a potential  liability.  And as
it has been stated previously in our litigious society,  litigants will come
after those with "the deep pockets".  And that is AIS,  not a Region, Section
nor little Affiliate in Georgia or wherever.  I'm a  little uncomfortable in
relying on a "voluntary system" for overall  fairness.  With our past year as an
example, you can see that very few  Affiliates and Regions contributed
voluntarily to cover the Insurance premium  expenses.

Jim M.