Re: second motion to amend awards ballot

Cheryl,

I believe that what you are saying is equivalent to completely dropping the requirement.

Gerry Snyder
On 7/28/2014 4:00 PM, cheryl deaton wrote:
Gerry,
If an iris has won its class's Special Medal then it should be on the ballot
for all the years it is entitled to be on the ballot for the Dyke's Medal.
But if for some reason a class does not have 3 irises eligible from the
Special Medal group, then I do not think it is fair to bring up an iris that
had previously been on the ballot for the allotted time, and was dropped for
that reason, just so there are 3 irises in each class up for the Dyke's Medal.
I think we should have (at least)  3 irises in each class IF ELIGIBLE.  Is
that clearer?
Cheryl
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:47:59 -0700
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] second motion to amend awards ballot
From: 7e2de1ee1@rewrite.aisboard.org

Cheryl,

Are you saying that you think that it is more fair for an iris that
never won its class's Special Medal should be put on the Dykes Medal
ballot, possibly getting extra years there?

Or are you saying that you want to get rid of the requirement to have
(at least) three iris from each class on the ballot entirely?

Gerry Snyder