Re: {Disarmed} Re: [AIS-Science] Regional Iris reccommendations

I am very much in favor of having as much information on irises, clubs, websites etc., on the AIS website, but I do need to make a point:

Neither the AIS Webmaster, nor the Electronic Services Committee are, or will be, responsible for creating content for the website.

It is our job to see that services are available, that the website functions well, information is presented clearly and in a useful way, and that once information is received it is presented or updated in a timely manner.

(John climbs on soap box)

The biggest problem with any website is the timeliness of the information on it. We can keep AIS and Regional information reasonably up to date because changes there are almost always posted on AISDiscuss although it is the responsibility of the Regions to notify me directly of any changes.

Changes in Affiliate information and the links to other websites is probably the area where we most lack up to date information. We need to emphasize to everyone that we need to be notified when there are changes.

(John climbs down off soapbox)

John