{Disarmed} Re: [AIS-Science] Regional Iris reccommendations

Bob,
Thanks for bringing up this topic. I'm not sure that it lies with the Science
committee, but it is a good place to start.

I do no believe that putting the information on the AIS website for every area
of the country is the best way to tackle this one. It is a daunting task. As
much as some would like for the AIS website to do it all, I just do not think
it is going to happen in a timely manner. If the AIS could positively
encourage affiliate and region webmasters to include the local information
that you suggest, it would get done a lot faster, without overtaxing anyone.

The quality of affiliate and region websites has improved dramatically over
the last few years, but I think the AIS could do more to encourage good local
websites--which could only strengthen the AIS. Possibilites include:

1. An e-mail group for webmasters
2. Lists of mandatory and suggested components for an affiliate or region
website
3. Requirements for TIMELY updates
4. AIS sponsored contest for best website
5. Reviews of outstanding websites in the Bulletin

Off my soapbox.

Dennis Hager