MGs and presentations

Hello everyone;

The ability to present iris to MGs or the gardening public through MD plant fairs often rests on the MG program coordinators whimsy. Some overly stress "science based" material and I believe I have not been able to present to MGs for credit because I do not belong to a educational institution. While the basis of all my presentations comes from material far more sophisticated than the limited data available through the extension service (which often comes from some of the same sources)and has been presented in a manner fitting for MGs. (I was an MG myself for several years upon their invitation) On the other hand I have made these presentations in several counties of the State without the coordinator even seeing the quality of the presentations! This will be a factor which will need to become overcome.

Bill Dougherty