Re: Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publications-PERE...

In a message dated 2/22/2007 12:45:57 P.M. Central Standard Time,
Jandjcope@aol.com writes:

Hi,
The issue is out. Look for the Better Homes and Gardens  Special   Interest
Publications-PERENNIALS spring 2007 issue.  Look on page 88-95 and  be
prepared
to be awed. I would have written  it quite differently. We are  only 35 miles
from Ensata Gardens (our  soils are very different) but we can grow  bearded
and
beardless  irises. Too bad we didn't have some advertising in  this issue.

Best Wishes,
Jill Copeland

*************************
Jill,

I read the article and it is good.  To place AIS advertising Bob Pries  needs
advance notice, as in the upcoming Fine Gardening article I wrote  for the
May/June issue.  This article germinated with a request from them  to me on July
1, 2006 and the copy deadline was September 15, 2006.  Final  photo layout
took place February 15, 2007 with advertising copy finalized about  the same
time.  Individual commercial iris advertisers to Fine  Gardening, such as
Schreiners and Cooleys, were informed of the  upcoming feature more than six months
before publication for any  adjustments, etc.  So Bob would need at least a
six-month lead time for any  major publication advertising -- if he has budget.

Jim M.

http://www.aol.com.