Re: Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publications-PERENNIALS

I agree. I picked up an issue about 3 weeks ago and
when I saw the ensata article I thought too bad I did
not know about the article soon enough. I had heard
about it through the grape vine but too late for
action. There will be a nice article in Fine Gardening
in June that I have not only an ad but the advertizing
department says they were able to negotiate putting
the AIS website into the article. The lead time on
most of these publications is 6-9 monthes so ads
require considerable advance notice to me for me to
create a placement. My budget is very limited so I
can't offer to place an ad in every journal that comes
up with an Iris article (wish i could). I am very
dependent on the writers to alert me to an upcoming
article. Even though I have had conversations with
several magazine advertizing departments they are
separate from the editorial departments and don;t know
that an Iris article is forthcoming. But if I am
alerted to an article by either the writer or the
nursery that is being featured I can encourage the
magazine to list the Iris society as a resource for
further information and perhaps place an AIS ad. I
would be particularly interested in any articles being
sent to Horticulture. They have featured sceondary
articles about plant societies that have advertized
with them.