Re: Iris in the Master Gardeners Program

Ginny and Don; I greatly appreciate the work you have
done with master gardeners. It is my understanding
that Master gardeners are required to spend a certain
amount of time in classroom type programs. If AIS
could develop a structured program that we could offer
as an elective for them to include into their
educational curriculum and provide designated local
trainers I am guessing we could educate more Master
Gardeners. I have heard that many Master Gardenrs in
some ares of the country have been told that Iris are
difficult or impossible to grow in a perennial border.
If we could provide expertize to their curriculum
maybe we could correct these perceptions. I would like
to hear from many more people around the country to
see if we have the potential presenters and interest
in an outreach program.