Re: Iris in the Master Gardeners Program

Don and I have given quite a few talks and also had the garden open for
several of our area master gardener groups throughout the last fifteen years. They
are a great group and we always provide AIS membership information along with
any of our talks. This year we are having a slide show and information to pass
out at one of our local nurseries on iris basics. I have a feeling that it is
the lack of knowledge on care and cultivation that may keep gardeners from
growing irises. Even though master gardeners learn a lot about gardening they
think that irises are hard to grow. I have a copy of the master gardener's
handbook and the information is mostly general rather than specific. I have also
read the information on the basics of iris cultivation on the AIS website and I
think it needs some work.

Ginny