RE: Iris in the Master Gardeners Program

Bill: I think you have made an important point about
the interaction of Master Gardeners with the gardening
public. If we have them interested in Iris, we would
have that many more ambassadeurs for the genus
spreading the gospel to other gardeners. I think it
would be valuable to have a certification of trainers
who could present material to master gardeners,
Men's/women's garden clubs etc. Perhaps we would be
more effective and our speakers would be paid more
attention if we had resources they could draw upon. I
am essentially brainstorming on this topic andwould
like to hear suggestions and ideas from many quarters.