Catalog Scanning Project

Over the years Mike and Anne Lowe collected a large repository of old iris catalogs. The collection includes all the Schreiner and Cooley catalogs, Muhlestein, Plough, Whiting and many others.

Anne has agreed to donate the collection in Mike's honor (about 10 banker's boxes) to a project for AIS to
non-destructively scan, OCR and convert to a searchable PDF all the catalogs much as I did for the collection of AIS Bulletins.

To that end I have made a Grant Request to the AIS Foundation to fund the project.

Once the project is completed the AIS Board can decide whether the files should be made part of the AIS Electronic Membership, or made available to the General public or...

I will keep you all informed when I hear from the foundation.

Thanks

John
AIS Registrar/Recorder
Chair AIS Electronic Services