Re: DISASTER PLAN

John I Jones wrote:
I am a bit surprised at that. Of all the files I have put up on the site, none of the data in the files has caused me a problem. The file names have a restricted character set and that causes me a lot of heartburn.

John,

I know that in the past some ftp clients have defaulted to text mode, and switched to binary mode only reluctantly, resulting in corrupted data in several different kinds of situations. Perhaps this is the kind of problem Tom saw. If so, using the newer clients in current systems should alleviate the problem.

Gerry