DuBose bequest

Hello Jeanne -- I take it you received a copy of the recent letter from George Manaserro (Sept. 18) providing more details of the Sid DuBose estate. It seems that the estate will be a good deal more substantial than just the real estate. However, there are obviously some issues regarding the real estate, particularly the status of the apparent adjustment of the lot line to give his neighbors about half of the 10 acres shortly before his death. This is a matter that does need legal consideration and we would be glad to take advantage of the offer to have your Bob take a look at the situation on our behalf. The first question is whether to release a copy of the will and trust to the attorneys of the neighbors, which I assume is a routine matter. I would feel easier about this late transfer of property if I knew the motivation behind it, which has not been disclosed so far. On its face, it seems to have been agreed by Sid in March of this year. Do you have a copy of these lot line adjustment papers? If not I will send them over. Apologies that this is just one more distraction at a busy time just before the Board meeting, but the boost to the library will be very substantial eventually. Best wishes, Bob