Re: Youth Protection Policy and E Memberships

Cheryl and All,

I too have no clue about Facebook since I do not use  nor do I know
anything about it, along with twitter and all of the other Internet chat
sites.

Paul

On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 13:33:56 -0700 cheryl deaton
<region15kids@hotmail.com> writes:
> Bob,
> I am clueless as to how Facebook works, but how would you know any
> 'friend'
> was a youth member?  They are not identified in any way as a youth
> member,
> just an AIS member, so unless they identified themselves to you as a
> youth,
> you would not have access to that information.  I agree that if the
> youth has
> a Facebook page and joins groups it is not the responsibility of
> AIS, but
> there is the possibility that it COULD happen and the sickos are out
> there...just check the website of Megan's Law!
> Cheryl
>
> > Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 16:10:15 -0400
> > From: robertpries@embarqmail.com
> > To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
> > Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Youth Protection Policy and E
> Memberships
> >
> > As keeper of the AIS facebook page, I am not aware of any youth
> that are
> friends. I do not seek out youth to join the page and if they did,
> presumably
> they would already have their own facebook page. The fact that they
> have
> connected to the AIS page should not be the responsibility of the
> AIS. Members
> of AIS could be terrible felons but I we do not have a
> responsibility to judge
> someone who wants to join. It is not AIS publishing data about
> someone, but
> someone putting data about thenselves out, and connecting it to our
> sites. The
> club sites, including AIS proper and the many affiliate sites are
> putting out
> information about club activities and iris, not information about
> individual
> youths. To think there is a problem here seems like a really
> distorted idea of
> they way the world works. I do agree that youth should not be
> putting some
> things on their facebook pages but that is their responsibility and
> their
> parents not ours.

Top 2010 Online Colleges
Grant Funding May Be Available to Those That Qualify.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4cbb70f8c99c96adb8m02vuc