RE: Youth Protection Policy and E Memberships

Bob,
I am clueless as to how Facebook works, but how would you know any 'friend'
was a youth member?  They are not identified in any way as a youth member,
just an AIS member, so unless they identified themselves to you as a youth,
you would not have access to that information.  I agree that if the youth has
a Facebook page and joins groups it is not the responsibility of AIS, but
there is the possibility that it COULD happen and the sickos are out
there...just check the website of Megan's Law!
Cheryl

> Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 16:10:15 -0400
> From: robertpries@embarqmail.com
> To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
> Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Youth Protection Policy and E Memberships
>
> As keeper of the AIS facebook page, I am not aware of any youth that are
friends. I do not seek out youth to join the page and if they did, presumably
they would already have their own facebook page. The fact that they have
connected to the AIS page should not be the responsibility of the AIS. Members
of AIS could be terrible felons but I we do not have a responsibility to judge
someone who wants to join. It is not AIS publishing data about someone, but
someone putting data about thenselves out, and connecting it to our sites. The
club sites, including AIS proper and the many affiliate sites are putting out
information about club activities and iris, not information about individual
youths. To think there is a problem here seems like a really distorted idea of
they way the world works. I do agree that youth should not be putting some
things on their facebook pages but that is their responsibility and their
parents not ours.