Fwd: Re: Youth Protection Policy and E Memberships

-----Original Message-----
From: bobplankmail@aol.com
To: region15kids@hotmail.com
Sent: Fri, Oct 15, 2010 2:30 pm
Subject: Re: Youth Protection Policy and E Memberships

This is addressed primarily to Michelle and Gerry Snyder, Cheryl Deaton, Bob
Pries, and John Jones,?although all Discuss?input is welcome.
?
First, I know little or nothing about social networking and the controls
and?restrictions, if any, on the forwarding of AIS website e-mail, such as the
Bulletin,?outside the?membership perimeter.
?
Michelle, I request that you, Cheryl, Gerry, John, and AIS nerds?brainstorm
the various possible ways in which predators on the internet could possibly
use the AIS website, including the E Bulletin,?to create?harm to AIS?Youth as
well as create?tort?liability exposure?for the AIS. ?
Also consider the impact of crossovers in which an AIS organization or
subordinate has a facebook-like or?other social network interaction?in
combination?with?the varios scenarios above.
?
Michelle, please?summarize the resulting?permutations and determine from our
insurance carrier(s) whether each scenario is covered and?to what extent,
deductible if any, etc.; if not, what it would take to have them covered and
costs associated therewith; what disclaimers and/or releases would be
necessary, etc.

?
In light of all the above, how might AIS policies, including the Youth
Protection Guidelines, be amended to lessen our exposure to lawsuits with a
possible?causal connection to AIS publications and/or
AIS-related?facebook-like social interactions?on the Internet?

?
Cheryl:? How important is it?to?venture into this?uncharted area?to attract,
keep, and hold Youth in today's world?
?
Bob

?