Fwd: Re: Facebook

-----Original Message-----
From: bobplankmail@aol.com
To: jijones@usjoneses.com
Sent: Fri, Oct 15, 2010 3:01 pm
Subject: Re: Facebook

Thanks, John, for the link to?Facebook privacy info.
?
I note the following from the Facebook privacy page:
?
Protecting minors
We are committed to protecting minors who use Facebook. Until their eighteenth
birthday, minors don't have public search listings created for them, and the
visibility of their information is limited to friends of friends and networks,
even if they've chosen to make it available to everyone. This does not apply
to name, profile picture, gender and networks, which are visible to everyone
so real world friends can recognize them. [Emphasis supplied.]

?
I recall that AIS defines youth as persons under the age of 19, which leaves
a?year gap in which AIS youth would not be automatically protected from
having?public search listings created for them.?
?
Moreover, protection does not apply in any instance to name and profile
picture, which are visible to anyone --?to "real world friends" as well as to
others maybe not so, or overly?friendly.
?
Bob