RE: Sale/Auction of Iris Seedlings

Jim,

While I don't think auctioning seedlings is a 'normal' practice and is not
done, in this case the hybridizer seems to be donating a "yet to be named"
2010 intro, which is altogether a different thing, so it would be permitted.
You are actually auctioning the right to name the seedling, with the winner
receiving the first one! There is a hybridizer in central California that has
contests every year to name her seedlings.  Oh to be a mouse on your shoulder
during the auction!

Cheryl

> Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 12:41:37 -0700
> From: keisling@swbell.net
> Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Sale/Auction of Iris Seedlings
> To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
>
> It is my understanding that the hybridizer donated this iris to Region 18
with
> the intent that the winning bidder name the iris and that she (the
hybridizer)
> will introduce it next spring.
>
> Judy

Lauren found her dream laptop. Find the PC thats right for you.