Re: Handbook Revision

In a message dated 10/5/2006 4:12:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
kirklee@triad.rr.com writes:

I am  quite open to point scale GUIDELINES for blue, red, white, but I do  not
think that we should make these  REQUIREMENTS.

You asked for comments, Roy. I find it difficult to imagine how a point
scale for blue, red and white ribbons is going to improve anything. It takes  long
enough to judge a show now...often cutting into viewing time for the  public.
I would not ever want to be on a judges panel that was point judging
exhibition entries for various ribbons. And I seriously doubt if anyone else  would.
After all, we are judging horticultural excellence not the merits of the
iris. Why make this time-consuming task even more complex?  Count me  against this
idea. Clarence