Re: Suggestions for new graphical design for the web site

In a message dated 11/9/2007 11:02:20 A.M. Central Standard Time,
iris.loberg@comcast.net writes:

Is there  an opt-out on this? I'd really prefer that the details of my
personal AIS  membership not be available to just anyone who asks.
Thanks.  Anner  Whitehead
Anner,  I agree with you.  I don't understand the need to make this
"priority"
information for the AIS website.   I looked this  morning, and it is number
1,
Front and Center, on the AIS  website!   This is a bit astonishing to me.   I
think  the people who need this, are the 24  RVPs or designees.    I  do
think
it can be a valuable tool for the RVPs, and I do think they should  have it,
and I thank John and others for making it technically  possible.   But I do
think it should have been placed in a  private spot, a private link for RVPs
only, and maybe even for  affiliates.  So why can't this be a private link
for
those RVPs and  affiliates?  A simple email to those who need to know where
it
is,  would surely suffice?

This is MY response, not Tom's!

This is something that should be spoken to by bThe  Boardb and John Jones.
It really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone since they've  been talking about
doing it for a couple of years now. Also as regards ease of  use, putting it
up
front on the web site makes it easy to find without  navigating all over the
site.

There are a large number of individual members who contact the MemSec to
find out their own expiration date so this function will help alleviate  that.
Even tho the Expiration date is shown on each individual AIS  Bulletin, people
do not retain this info and truly do not know when their  membership expires.

Of course, it will be most valuable to RVPs plus their membership chairs  and
Affiliate Presidents during the Affiliation process each year.  Even  tho the
MemSec sends out monthly reports (all by mail and some as requested also  by
e-mail) to RVP/Membership designees, there is a flood of  "verification"
requests and scrambling to get the accurate paperwork to the  Affiliate Chair
in a
timely manner.  This comes immediately following the  heaviest renewal period
of the year!  If there are questions about an  individual member being a
current member, MemSec gets requests  from either (and often all) the RVP,
Affiliate President or the  individual.  RVPs are now able to get Saved Excel
spreadsheets of current  members in their Region which are updated on a
frequent basis
by the MemSec due  to the cleverly designed "information update" procedure!

The privacy issue was first and foremost in mind when this tool was being
designed-only the name, Region and expiration date are shown.  There is NO
WAY
to get any other information from this function.  AIS stopped  making
Membership lists available to "just anyone" many years ago.

I hope this explanation helps to alleviate the "privacy" fears.

NOT a Board Member!

Rita  Gormley
10606 Timber Ridge Street
Dubuque, IA 52001-8268