Suggestions for new graphical design for the web site

Is there an opt-out on this? I'd really prefer that the details of my
personal AIS membership not be available to just anyone who asks.
Thanks.  Anner Whitehead
Anner, I agree with you.  I don't understand the need to make this "priority"
information for the AIS website.   I looked this morning, and it is number 1,
Front and Center, on the AIS website!   This is a bit astonishing to me.   I
think the people who need this, are the 24  RVPs or designees.    I do think
it can be a valuable tool for the RVPs, and I do think they should have it,
and I thank John and others for making it technically possible.   But I do
think it should have been placed in a private spot, a private link for RVPs
only, and maybe even for affiliates.  So why can't this be a private link for
those RVPs and affiliates?  A simple email to those who need to know where it
is, would surely suffice?

And talking about the AIS "front page". I want to make some suggestions here.
My disappointment is what the world sees when coming to the AIS front Home
page. I believe it is in sore need of  front page graphical and color
redesign.   I don't think the most important thing to put on the most
important piece of real estate, the AIS main page, for the whole world, is
this new "check your membership status".   Additionally, what is known as the
"golden rectangle" of the main AIS web site,
(http://www.swtech.com/ref-docs/goldrect.html) doesn't even have a pretty
image or photo of our favorite flower, the IRIS!   The first page should have
COLOR, a photo, something beautiful, which is what irises are!    Something to
replace the dull gray and olive colors.  To see what I mean, check out our
society friends: Daylilies http://www.daylilies.org/ , Roses
http://www.ars.org/ , Camelias http://www.camellias-acs.com/ , Begonias
http://www.begonias.org/ , and many others, all who have a colorful image or
photo of the flower on the front web site.

I am so sorry that this may sound a little negative about the website, I just
want to suggest that some serious graphical design be done as soon as possible
to the web site.  I'd like to see the AIS home page say "WOW"!    I do want to
say that John and Chris have done a tremendous job with the great amount of
text detail that appears there, I do know the time it takes to maintain a
website, and I do thank both of them for where the website has come so far.
AIS has within it's community, a number of web site designers in other
sections, regions and among it's membership.   I think additional team members
could assist with doing a beautiful new graphical design, all at no cost to
AIS.

Kitty Loberg
Computer Science Instructor,
Mendocino College