Re: Suggestions for new graphical design for the web site

"putting it up front on the web site makes it easy to find without
navigating all over the
site."

Rita, it would be nice if everything could be up front on the web site, but
that just can't be so.  I think it is important to evaluate what is most
important for the home page.. what will potential new viewers, and
re-visiting viewers see when they first come to the website?   Do you really
think that for most visitors to the web site, the most important thing for
them when they get to the AIS home page is to be asked if they would like to
check their membership?  I would suggest that those who excel at marketing
take a look at what the home page initially offers viewers. is it best that
can be done to encourage a viewer to want to enjoy the website, the
promotion of the love of iris, and the participation in a number of avenues
through the website.

Many organizations have both an internet service site, and an intranet
service site.   One is oriented to serve the outside or public world, the
other is oriented to serve the internal organization.

I am a subscriber to a number of periodicals and organizations. and I just
don't think I want to be finding my membership/subscription status as front
page news at all of these sites.   All I am suggesting is that it be placed
in a more inconspicuous place, or at a private link for those who need it.

Kitty