Re: Fwd: Motion regarding Minutes corrections

We might get a ruling from our Parliamentarian, Gary White, but I have
checked the latest edition of /Robert's Rules of Order, Newly Revised/.
See below:

" If the existence of an error or material omission in the minutes
becomes reasonably established after their approval -- even many years
later -- the minutes can then be corrected by means of the motion
to/Amend Something Previously Adopted/, which requires a two-thirds
vote, or a majority vote with notice, or the vote of a majority of the
entire membership, or unanimous consent."

Susan Grigg

On 5/16/2014 11:41 AM, Jody Nolin wrote:
> What action is required now?  Approve the existing minutes, then move to
> amend?
>

> On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 11:36 AM, cheryl deaton <
> c95039e11@rewrite.aisboard.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>> Once we have approved any minutes we cannot go back and correct them.
>>   This is
>> clearly defined in Robert's Rules.
>> Cheryl
>>
>>> Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 07:53:42 -0700
>>> To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
>>> Subject: [AISdiscuss] Fwd: Motion regarding Minutes corrections
>>> From: 102x@rewrite.aisboard.org
>>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> Attached is the proposed amendment to the approved Fall, 2013 board
>>> minutes for your consideration.  If members of the board in in agreement
>>> a motion needs to be made.
>>>
>>> Michelle

>>> See