Re: Putting 'Basic Iris Culture' booklet on the AIS web page

The idea that information on the web is free is phony.
It takes people a lot of time to produce the material.
It takes the cost of a server to send it and it takes
someones time to put it on the website. There is no
free lunch. If we are to maintain a society that can
offer the multitude of things we offer we have to have
someone supporting the underlying structure by being a
member. It is true that a lot is put out on the web
for free but much also disappears for lack of the
structures that sustain it. Those structures are
supported by membership. If we give everything away
there will soon be much less structure to support
those gifts.