Re: Putting 'Basic Iris Culture' booklet on the AIS web page

"The Basic Iris Culture booklet is sent to each new member as part of their new members packet. So encourage them to join AIS and they will get it free. Joyce Poling"

It's terrific that our new members are getting the booklet, however, of the hundreds which stream through our shows, we're lucky to get 5-10 new club members, and often they take several years to become interested in AIS. I think many of our new club members which become solid members, are ones who successfully learn to grow irises. Putting culture tools at people's fingertips makes better growers, that's one of my mottos. I'm suggesting we get expanded culture information on the AIS web page, where it is readily available to the beginning and average grower. I figured our booklet would be a good place to start.

"I agree, for the members only portion. We have to be careful about giving away for free the things we charge for in publications. Jim M."

We don't charge for the culture information, we charge for the cost of printing it. It would save volunteers time to NOT have produce it, store it, and to mail this booklet, if one can print it (or view it) oneself from the internet, and in the long run, it will save AIS costs. And it wouldn't mean we couldn't still have it available in hard copy.

Kitty