Re: 2006 Spring Insurance Report

CEMahan@aol.com wrote:

Although I personally support the concept of affiliates, regions and sections paying for the insurance coverage they receive through AIS, I strongly recommend that the Board NOT adopt such a proposition until it is presented to the RVP, Section, and Affialiate meetings at the convention, and each buys into the deal.

Yes.

It should be stressed that the coverage is voluntary. If you want the insurance, you pay. If you do not want it, you do not pay.
no No NO!!!!

Clarence and others, please remember that the insurance protects us (AIS Central) and not just them (clubs, regions, ...) Lack of insurance does not imply lack of responsibility. If a club chooses not to have insurance, and a suit arises from an accident at a show of theirs (an official AIS event), AIS will be one of the sued parties, insurance or no. Even if some company will write such a policy (and Michelle has been told that the current carrier won't), we don't want it.

Partial coverage is _not_ an option we should pursue.

Gerry