Re: 2006 Spring Insurance Report

Although I personally support the concept of affiliates, regions and
sections paying for the insurance coverage they receive through AIS, I strongly
recommend that the Board NOT adopt such a proposition until it is presented to
the RVP, Section, and Affialiate meetings at the convention, and each buys into
the deal. If adopted there also must be a system that eliminates coverage for
 those organizations that do not pay--otherwise it will not work.

It should be stressed that the coverage is voluntary. If you  want the
insurance, you pay. If you do not want it, you do not pay. The annual  notice of
insurance dues should be a notice not a "bill."  There  are strong sensitivities
on matters of money in the affiliates. Most will buy  into a voluntary system,
but many will protest anything that has the appearance  of authoritarianism.
Clarence