Re: 2006 Spring Insurance Report

"For instance: $50 per Affiliate x 182 = $9100 plus $100 per Region x 24= $2400 plus 9 Sections and 2 Cooperating Societies x $200=$2200 would come to $13,700. The rest of approx $4000 AIS could cover comfortably. "
Rita and Tom, I think this simple breakdown and proposal is a terrific and reasonable idea. $50 per affiliate is a remarkable bargain and I would think most societies would support it AND be honored to contribute to this reasonable fee for insurance coverage, particularly when it covers club members that aren't AIS members as well. I would be interested in knowing how many affiliates pay the $50 per year affiliate fee as opposed to those who don't pay the fee because they have 50% AIS membership. I tried to find the breakdown in the Apr. 05, Sept. 05, and March 2006 Treasurer's reports, but don't see it broken out. The process Region 14 RVPs had to do to check club membership for 50% AIS membership is always a bit of a chore, (it was for me and other RVPs would tell me so also), and so I'm suggesting it could serve two purposes to perhaps ask for the Affiliate's insurance share at affiliate registration, and skip the 50% membership checking.

"Just send out bills every January for the annual insurance costs."

I too am not a voting member of the Board, but I just think this would be fine.

Kitty Loberg

Calif.