From: Ron Killingsworth <retmiagt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Motion to remove the operations manual from the
Wiki
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Date: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 11:55 AM

Yes, and before some else gets me, I must say that I did not properly
make my amendment.  A real motion to amend a motion would have been

I move to amend the motion by stiking out the words "removed from" and
adding in its place "maintained on" and by adding the word "also"
between and and be of the original motion so that the motion would not
read "That the Operations Manual be maintained on the Iris Wiki and also
be posted on the AIS website."

But, best to keep things as simple as possible.

Also, I believe the amendment has to be voted on by the board and once
that is approved, the motion then has to be voted on, but not positive
about that.

I think it is important to abide by at least the intent of Robert's Rules of
Order even if we do not follow every word of it.

Ron