Parliamentarian

AIS is the only organization I have ever belonged to that does not seem to have a parliamentarian. I truly believe we need to appoint someone to this position. I also believe that if the board operated by the rules of Robert's Rules of Order, that the board meetings would go smoother and a lot of the chatter and discussion would be eliminated, thereby reduction the 10-12 hours required for the two board meetings each year. Just an idea. I suspect that the constitution or the by-laws dictate that the meetings be conducted in accordance with Robert's Rules of Order.
Ron
Director, AIS
Adv Editor