RE: Motion to move ops manual from wiki to web

I rarely see any reason to input to this forum.  But all this commotion got me
curious. I occasionally use the Wiki to research an iris.  Usually it's
helpful; sometimes it's misinformative.  I'd never noticed that one could do
or find anything else there (aside from adding or amending entries), but this
time I looked at the index with that possibility in mind.  Only KNOWING that
there was other stuff present kept me going! I finally struck paydirt--not
under AIS, which just took me to irises.org----but in the Index to General
Iris Information Topics.  Within that list, again not under its AIS heading
where one would expect it, but under O:  Operations manual of AIS.  People,
there may be a half-dozen site-pokers who find this stuff, but it certainly
won't be anyone who is deliberately looking for it.  To witness:  Veronica's
attempt to find it.  She too had no clue it would be in the wiki. I agree with
Janet and Cheryl that an operating description of AIS positions belongs more
appropriately somewhere on the main AIS website.  I also agree that burying a
copy on the wiki is a good way to make it easily available for update by the
positionholders.  I would keep it there for the latter purpose. If you really
feel that position descriptions need to be a matter of public record, then why
not rename the manual so people will understand what it is and put it
somewhere on irises.org proper, and update it once a year from the wiki (if
that's been updated)? My personal take is that there's so little demand that
it's not worth the bother.  When advertising for new people to fill positions,
just refer them to the spot in the Wiki for the job description. Debby Cole