RE: Re: Registration Images; Putative motion

Hi all,
   I also agree that there needs to be some more research done before we make
a motion to require the hybridizers submit photos of their new iris
introductions.  I also agree with Cheryl of a date of Jan 2015 would be a
realistic time frame.
   If we go ahead and ram this motion through, and require this before next
year I fear it would impact most of the hybridizers negatively.  This year's
hybridizing season is just a couple of weeks away, and the hybridizers will be
extremely busy.  If we require this right away, most of them will not even be
aware of what they need to do this spring to be able to register their irises
for the next year.
   A committee definately needs to be set up to study, discuss, and set
guidelines for requiring the photos.  I feel we need to have a couple of
hybridizers on this committee as the results of this committee will impact the
hybridizers the most.
   Another point to consider is who is going to download, scan, and archive
these photos.  The registrar already has his/her hands full with just the
registration process itself.  Also, as someone has stated, it is not the
registrars job to confirm that every photo matches the written description of
each and every iris registration submitted.  And yet another point to consider
is the requirements of the photographs submitted.  Are the hybridizers going
to have to purchase new camera equipment to meet the photo requirement
specifications.
   Just some more thoughts to consider.
Susan Boyce

.
.
.
.

> From: region15kids@hotmail.com
> To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
> Subject: RE: [AISdiscuss] Re: Registration Images; Putative motion
> Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 08:22:51 -0700
>
> Bob,
> I like what you've started, but I really think it is too wordy and needs a
bit
> of tweaking; maybe more than one motion? I also think that if we begin
> "requesting" that we should implement a time frame for "requiring", such as
> Jan. 1, 2015. That would give us plenty of time to get our act together (I
> hope!). As to SUGGESTED guidelines, our photo contest has requirements, so
why
> shouldn't our registration? At this time, do other Iris societies have
photo
> requirements or other ways to ensure accuracy of iris
> registrations/descriptions? What do they do? We really need to do some
> research into this.
>
> I think the hybridizer/photographer would need to sign a waiver releasing
the
> photo for use by AIS in the proscribed manner while retaining their
> copyrights. Just my thoughts.
> Cheryl
>
> > Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:39:33 -0400
> > From: robertpries@embarqmail.com
> > To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
> > Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Re: Registration Images; Putative motion
> >
> > Here is a motion I would suggest that conveys my thoughts, I think it is
> consistent with what most everyone has been saying;
> >
> > That the AIS registrar begin asking for images with new registrations;
These
> will be accepted with understanding that the AIS will archive them in the
AIS