Re: Private - Reprise - Getting Back to E-Memberships

Hi, John,

Thank you for your response to my  ideas  -- I guess your response to my response to your response to my first statements about electronic business procedures!  Whatever...

I tend to agree with what you had to say. I especially think it should be understood that, as you say, Roberts' Rules are a source of guidance to use when the governing body deals with issues for which there are no local rules established..  This seems especially to be the case with questions regarding motions to table.  I believe it is absolutely true that, as you say, a governingbody can define and use the procedure in whatever way best suits its purposes.

I'm glad to see that these matters are agenda items to be dealt with.

Hal

On Mar 31, 2010, at 3:10 PM, John I Jones wrote

I have interspersed some comments below: