Re: The President's turn

In a message dated 3/13/07 2:54:24 PM, jaymeladams@msn.com writes:

> Jeanne:
>
> Am I suppose to have a report submitted to you for the Board Meeting for
> the Convention?  If so what all type of things are suppose to be in my
> Region 11 report?
>
> Jayme L Adams

Dear Jayme:
     I wish everyone else felt as involved as your email indicates that you
do!
     No, you are not supposed to make a report to the AIS Board of Directors.
  The message (by tradition) went out on AISDiscuss, but is aimed at the
approximately the 36 individuals on AISDiscuss who are either officers,
administrative officers, directors and committee chairs. (There are about 70
people,
total, who receive AISDiscuss, although anyone can tap into it if they know
the
route.)
     Included on AISDiscuss are all the RVPs and all the section and
cooperating society presidents.
     Basically, everyone in leadership positions gets to know it's time to
start gearing up for the spring convention.   Everyone on AISDiscuss will have
one sort of business meeting or another to attend at convention.   As RVP for
Region 11, it is hoped that you will attend the Board of Counselors meeting
(the meeting of all the RVPs at convention). At that meeting you will not be
expected to give a formal report, but if you have anything that needs airing
in
connection with you duties or your region -- that's the place to do it.
     I appreciate your willingness to investigate and to do whatever is
expected of you. You have no idea how many people take positions but don't
take
them seriously!

     Cheers!
          Jeanne