From: "Susan Grigg" <101d@rewrite.aisboard.org>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2014 5:48:18 PM
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Approval of correxted minutes

Please note that Robert's Rules of Order, Newly Revised does allow for
correction of minutes, even years after their approval. See below:

" If the existence of an error or material omission in the minutes
becomes reasonably established after their approval -- even many years
later -- the minutes can then be corrected by means of the motion
to/Amend Something Previously Adopted/, which requires a two-thirds
vote, or a majority vote with notice, or the vote of a majority of the
entire membership, or unanimous consent."

I believe that ". . .the vote of a majority of the entire membership. . ." in this case means the entire membership of the Board, not the entire membership of the AIS.

If you will read carefully Secretary Snyder's attachment of 5/16/2014,
the changes to the Minutes of November 2013 are for spelling and grammar
and will not change any actions taken by the AIS Board. These changes
that President Morris and I hope to make are simply to present AIS in
the best possible light online. Since these Minutes represent AIS to the
membership and to visitors to our website, why not have them reflect the
professionalism of our organization?

If the Board prefers I will amend my motion to "That the Board Minutes
of November 2013 approved in April 2014 be amended to reflect the
corrections sent as an attachment by Secretary Snyder on 5/16/14."

Susan Grigg