Re: Emeritus Judges

Nicely stated, Paul.

Ruth

In a message dated 6/19/2012 11:36:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pwgossett@juno.com writes:

The  reason you do not see a great number of Emeritus Judges is because a
judge  must earn this status.  He or she should not be given the status just
because they are a good person in the region.  They should be given this
status because they have gone far and above what is expected of them as a
judge.

Paul

---------- Original Message  ----------
From: Robert Pries   <robertpries@embarqmail.com>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Subject:  Re: [AISdiscuss] Emeritus Judges
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 13:55:56 -0400  (EDT)

That is not what i said. What I am saying is holding an office at  the
national level is not a requirement for Emeritus Judge. One can perform  service
in many different ways. But an emeritus judge is expected to have done
something more than just the regular duties that a good judge performs. Said
judge should have had positive effects on the society over and above just
being a judge.