From: owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org [mailto:owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org]
On Behalf Of John Jones
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2012 7:47 PM
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] AIS Registrar/Recorder and Registration Image
Coordinator

Judy Keisling, Janet Smith, and I consulted on the process.

The issue is that the requested name on the registration form may or may not
be acceptable. When that happens there is often a time delay getting the
name issue resolved and keeping track of the seedling, complicating the
process of naming the picture file.

We conceived of a cleaner process that was less complicated and would
provide for fewer errors and problems and at the same time satisfied the
ultimate goal of the motion as adopted - that being: having a digital
picture of registered irises in the hands of the Image Coordinator.

When the Registration Certificate is sent out to the registrant, it will be
accompanied with a notice requesting that the registrant send a picture to
the Image coordinator.

Since the ultimate purpose of the motion is still accomplished by the
revised process, we did not think that we needed an immediate action by the
Board. We can of course take up a motion to amend the prior Board action
now, or at the next meeting.

John

On Jun 9, 2012, at 1:53 PM, Susan Grigg wrote:

> From the motion that was passed at the Fall Board Meeting in Atlanta in
2011
> I understood that pictures of introductions could be sent with the
> registration to the AIS Registrar-Recorder directly. The current item
posted
> in the News Section of the AIS website suggests that pictures should be
sent
> to Janet, the Registration Image Coordinator. The motion's "Flow Chart"
> specified "Image(s) is (are) accompanied with the Registration Form;
> received by the AIS Registrar-Recorder, assigned a registration number
> related to its registration folder and then transferred to Registration
> Image Coordinator once the registrant receives approval for their name
> requested." . . . . . "This process should be an ongoing process with
> batches sent as received by the AIS Registrar-Recorder."
>

> Do we need to amend the prior motion? If a hybridizer sends a picture with
> the registration form to John, is it the duty of the hybridizer to also
send
> the picture to Janet? This seems confusing to me.
>

> Susan Grigg
>
> AIS Director

John and Joanne Jones
Registrar-Recorder