Re: Motion for New MemSec Laptop

Jim:
The MemSec's office equipment is important to the heart of our organization.
I suggest that no new Honorary Award medals be purchased this year, in contradiction to what we voted at the Spring Regional.
The AIS can live and thrive without purchasing Honorary Awards this year or even next year (or maybe ever).
We (AIS) can't live without an up-to-date, functioning MemSec's office.
In my opinion, AIS doesn't buy DSM replacements this year, period.  That should,  several times more over,  take care of the$1,000 cost suggested in the original disclosure of the problem.
In the meantime we can think about an interesting fund raiser project for raising the money necessary to keep our Honorary Awards medals available!
Jeanne