Re: Motion for New MemSec Laptop

Jerry,

Just FYI : There is no Executive Committee in the AIS structure. The business of the society is conducted by the BOD.

Additionally the BOD has the authority to create what ever standing rules that it deems appropriate for the conduct of business within the restrictions of the By-Laws, for example: It could create a standing rule that would permit the President with the concurrence of (say)  the First VP and the Treasurer to authorizes the expenditure of funds in emergency situations.

Absent specific direction in the By-Laws and standing rules, the Board is governed by Robert's Rules, but I have no idea if RRs provide any guidance on the emergency expenditure of funds.

John