Re: Re: AIS Finances

Hi Clarence
It was most unfortunate that you were not at last falls board meeting. There was a very good discussion of short term and long term solutions. Also a great deal of time was spent trying to figure out what was a fair and reasonable way to deal with this situation. I sincerely believe that the board did an outstanding job of follow thru, arriving at one decision after another. When the very long discussion was done, I was personaly very impressed at the great wisdom and fairness expressed by the board. This is a great group of people looking out for everybodies best interest.
They did the right thing.
Terry

CEMahan@aol.com wrote:

I seem to have upset some of my friends with my comments re AIS insurance, and for that I am sorry. But facts have to be faced. I expect the next suggestion to come up will be to cut back to 3 Bulletins a year, after 85 years of issuing 4 Bulletins a year. That would be a disaster in my opinion. And I say, "NO!"
At the present time, considering the types of members we have and the dues structure, it takes the annual dues of about 1,000 members to pay the annual insurance bill.
There are other options but they are not for the most part happy ones. Many of us have been down this path before. The Society cannot survive depending on local clubs and regions to pitch in. A formal assessment for insurance is not unreasonable--if the affiliates, regions and sections want to do it. About $150 a year from each affiliate, region and section would probably come close to the $20,000 required. (This is only a rough estimate) Would the affialiates, sections and regions vote to do this? Hiding out in McLean, VA, Clarence