Re: Re: AIS Finances

I seem to have upset some of my friends with my comments re AIS insurance,
and for that I am sorry.  But facts have to be faced. I expect the next
suggestion to come up will be to cut back to 3 Bulletins a year, after 85 years  of
issuing 4 Bulletins a year. That would be a disaster in my opinion.  And I
say, "NO!"

At the present time, considering the types of members we have and the  dues
structure, it takes the annual dues of about 1,000 members to  pay the annual
insurance bill.

There are other options but they are not for the most part happy  ones. Many
of us have been down this path before.  The Society cannot  survive depending
on  local clubs and regions to pitch in. A formal  assessment for insurance is
not unreasonable--if the affiliates, regions and  sections want to do it.
About $150 a year from each affiliate, region and  section would probably come
close to the $20,000 required. (This is only a rough  estimate)  Would the
affialiates, sections and regions vote to do  this?   Hiding out in McLean, VA,
Clarence