Re: My second AIS ballot issue -- three iris per class on the Dy...

All,

There was very little discussion on such a major change to our AIS Awards
system.  I would have liked to have seen a bit of study go into this.   I
seem to recall that years ago when we made the change to award three Wister
medals some thought that after a few years we would readdress reducing the
Wister to one medal award each year as the TB eligibles would have been in
appropriate numbers.  At a minimum I would have liked to see  the Sections
and the Judges' Training Handbook Revision committee be  involved.  Just
saying.  This is a knotty problem and Gerry has  proposed one solution.  Gerry
put this out before the issue arose  which is to his credit.

Jim Morris
President
American Iris Society

In a message dated 7/29/2014 10:22:01 A.M. Central Daylight Time,