RE: Region Websites Questions

Hi Wayne,
 I definitely think having regional websites is important and useful.  There
are many free "web design" options available.  The problem is getting someone
to volunteer to do it and/or finding a person willing to charge a small fee to
create and maintain the website for the Regions.  Many regions do not have the
funding in place to pay someone, and getting a computer savvy volunteer in our
ageing membership is  almost impossible.  Being able to access a regional
website just to find the contact information and officers is important to many
of us, not to mention the activities available, locations of affiliates,
meeting times, etc.  The biggest obstacles are finding someone to take care of
the website.  I have asked the RVPs who do not have a website or had one that
was out of date, and most did not reply.
Cheryl Deaton, AIS Director and RVP Counselor