Region Websites Questions

In looking at the websites (and Facebook pages) of the Regions, I see quite
a range of websites and approaches.  I think the diversity is good; but, I
wonder if there are things we should be doing to support them, especially
with several where we do not have a website listed.  I have some ideas how
me might help; but, would like to know if we think it would be desirable
and whether the ideas would address the right stumbling blocks.

Do you think having a web presence by the individual Regions is important?
Or useful?

And, assuming you think it is at least desirable, what are the obstacles we
need to address?  What is keeping some of the Regions from having a
website?  Why are some of them not updated?

My answers - I certainly believe it is important and useful or would not
have broached the topic.  It's helpful for current members for finding out
what is going to happen, has happened.  And it should be good for potential
members to see that things of interest are happening.  There is good
reference material for growing irises in the Region in some cases.

I know my views on the second question; but, have not been involved with
the websites for long enough to know if it's what is needed.  So I will
wait to respond to it.

Thank you for your answers, comments, and suggestions.

FYI - Regional Websites are listed on the AIS website here:

http://www.irises.org/Resources/Regional_Websites.html

and the Facebook pages list can be found here:

http://wiki.irises.org/bin/view/Main/InfoFacebookIrisSocieties

Regards,

Wayne Messer