Re: Advertising

> In pricing these website ads though, we should consider the businesses,
> hybridizers who already pay for advertising in The Bulletin...Perhaps we
> can
> make it attractive for them to advertise in BOTH places if they already
> have a
> Bulletin ad.  We certainly don't want to lose Bulletin Advertising to
> perhaps
> lower priced website ads.
>
> We might also regain some ad money we have lost to people who no longer
> advertise in the Bulletin and just want to advertise on the website?
>
> John and Chris?  How difficult would it be to set up and monitor website
> advertising blocks on the website...Would it cost us any money?
>
> Jill

MIS Publication, The Medianite, has in the past, made the ads on the
website available for one year to those who advertise in the Spring
issue-one time the cost was an addition 25% but the most recent (because
we have so few and it costs nothing for us to do it) was just made part of
the deal with any ad. Same ad in pdf format was added to the website link
for the Commercial Sources.  I know TBIS makes it available at an
additional charge.

Currently with AIS, (supposedly) the Commercial Links are only available
to those we are doing a paid advertisement in the Bulletin, although you
would have to check with the new Advertising Chair Bob Keup and John Jones
to see how often this is updated.

Doing sidebars is an interesting concept.

Rita Gormley
Dubuque, IA