Re: Irisregister CD

Hi John and All,

Financially, all of the income from the iris register goes into the Electronic Services Restricted Fund.  This fund pays for half of the webmaster expenses along with all expenses for the AIS Website, AISLookup etc.

Annual fee income for the iris register

9-30-07 was $1,794.50
9-30-08 was $2,097.00

In addition, our pricing structure for the iris register is on an annual, 3-yr, 5-yr and 10-yr basis.  I don't think it would be fair to the people who paid for more than one year's subscription to let the CD database get out where it can be copied for free, even if it cannot be updated.

I have no problem selling a subscription at a discount to affiliates and/or regions to use in shows but I don't agree with selling the database on CDs to the public.

Jill