Re: Bulletin Discussion, Again

 As chairman of Public Relations and Advertising for
AIS there are certain needs that if met can make a
more successful society and they relate to several
positions in AIS such as the editor. For example,
market research has indicated a great interest on the
part of the public on a certain topic. Yes my
committee actually does research. Given an interest
level we might wish to advertise in a journal
accompanying an article on the topic. If we are
successful we might bring individuals to the website
and to the bulletin looking for information on that
topic. It is important that the editor and others
respond in harmony with the thrust on that topic. If
an editor is not willing to work together on such an
effort, than the promotion will fail. If the
organization can not function as a whole, then it will
never achieve the level of greatness for which it is
capable. The editor, the website, the principle
officers, must be able to communicate and listen to
each other if any such efforts would ever be
formulated. An editor can not always be acting
unilaterally. If we believe that we have a star system
we will never act as well as a team system.