Re: Bulletin Discussion, Again

Hi All
Anner is way out in left field - which is a strange place to find her?
The advisory committee was set up among any volunteers at the board meeting with an expressed interest in the subject of bulletin content. Primarily, it was an informal "chat group" (we never even assigned a chair position.) who were to look at the member survey that Bob Pries had worked up for St. Louis convention. We examined survey responses to see if there were areas of member interest that should be cultivated and added to bulletin topics. We did discuss the concept of finding additional helpers to ease the load on the editor by tackling any additional areas of interest. The thrust of the committee was to find topics of general interest that might generate more member interest. There was an examination of current bulletin content to see if content could be less "bureaucratic" and more "user friendly" to the general membership. There was nothing hostile to the editor or previous editor that I could see. Some subtle changes have occurred and some ideas are still floating around looking for a place to blossom forth. Some ideas take time to develop. This should be viewed as an open invitation for anybody to offer suggestions about CONTENT, what "they" would like to see in the bulletin that might be viewed as a complimentary direction. The committee tried to quantify responses from the survey although that was difficult. Summary - I don't see anything threatening or overbearing from this committee. Anner's comments on the BIS yearbook sound right. Over the course of 4 quarterly bulletins, we certainly have more content and probably more diverse content than BIS. This is not a criticism of BIS. We just cover a whole lot of geographical conditions world wide. I believe there will be a book review in the Jan. Bull. which should be ready to go in the mail right now.
Back to work!
Terry

ChatOWhitehall@aol.com wrote:

Greetings.